Painting of a little girl

Ben

I thought that I’d post a painting I’ve been working on for a few months.  I read that you could paint on copper, and that sounded awesome.  I like to paint on a rigid surface rather than canvas.  I’ve tried thin pieces of wood and pieces of rigid polyethylene.  The wood will warp when you apply gesso to it if you try to paint on thin pieces of it.  I really experimented with wood to try to figure out how I could get around that, but with not much success- although I was able to do it somewhat.  
     Next came the polyethylene sheet that I found at an art store.  I roughed up the surface with sand paper and then gessoed it.  That was fine, but it’s plastic you know.  Plastic just doesn’t seem like a long term material- but, it’s all I could think of.  
     But I read that artists in the past would paint on copper, and it has so many positives.  For instance you just rough up the surface for the paint and there is no need to gesso. 
     Anyway, I haven’t painted a lot lately but I thought I’d post this just for fun. 

FEDF6637-2C02-42E9-AA00-E64224DE0CC0.jpeg

Great Painting Ben!  I love the dress.  Have you ever considered painting on gessoed silk fabric?  How about thin MDF?  I found some a while ago at the crafts store with the chalk/milkpaints line and bought it because it was so thin.  

Very pretty hands, too.  

• 5 months later...

Ben,  I am hopeful the miniature community will have an opportunity to see your paintings in person next year.  I hope that you will attend the KC Toy & Miniatures event in 2021.  If we have planetary alignment and travel resumes I hope to attend!