Identify Maker Mark/Initials

Julie

I purchased several pieces at the Hindman auctions for Adele Venus and Cookie /Gold . At one of the auctions I received this piece (it is not Cookie as I already checked).  The signature is shown in the picture below.  No one has been able to identify this signature for me and told me to go to Bill Robertson for help.  I have this item and I have also had a beautiful wooden silver chest filled with multiple place settings and serving pieces of sterling that have this same signature.  I also have a couple chairs that do.  The enamel work is beautiful and the metal work is extraordinary. The signature is engraved into the wood with an engraver. HELP :)

Julie

hlc.jpg

These posts about identifying the maker are making a strong case for signing our work with our full name.  I do hope you find your maker.  This was only made 32 years ago!  Is it a vitreous sink? 

It appears to be enameled wood.  I AGREE! I would love a full signature or at least the last name.  The silver chest I have is magnificent so I am thinking someone must know of this artisan. :(

I think we need a miniature history detective! 

Is it possible to show the forum members the piece?  Is the silver chest married to the item in your photo?  As it indicates it is a no.2, perhaps someone else has no.1.

Archived