Hi, glad to be here.

Bill Hudson

Hi, I'm Bill Hudson, Eugene, Oregon.  Long time miniaturist and longer time model builder (as far back as I can remember).  I build mostly horse drawn vehicles, tin ware, wheel toys such as pedal cars, scooters, baby prams and  etc.  I am retired as a Guild Fellow member and taught at the Guild School for 14 years.   I am now 82 and have slowed down in miniatures.  I have an ongoing 1910 Creters Popcorn wagon (now about 10 years) that seems to be like an albatross. It is very detailed with roaster, poppers, little clown and steam engine inside.  I have a problem finding a stopping off place in the detail.  It has been real challenge requiring me to build my own equipment to make the miniature beveled glass.  

Bill Hudson

Welcome Bill, It will be great to have you on this forum as I have read a lot of the wonderful contributions you have made on other forums. I should also say that twice I have been able to travel out west and see Bill's shop and work, what a treat for me! And he has visited me in my shop.Then there is Guild School at Castine which I am busy working on and he no longer has that stress, lucky retired guy.

Welcome, Big Bill! So glad to have you here for wisdom and guidance. The last time I saw you we were at Bill Robertson's in KC, good times! 

Thank you Bill and Bonni,

​Yes I really enjoyed playing around in Bill's shop.  I especially enjoyed playing on the ornamental lathe. I have had the pleasure of spending some time with Bill at his home on several occasions and only wish I could visit him more often.  Bill has been huge influence on my improving my work.

Yes Mz B. It was a fun time at KC for teaching the study programs. Wonderful dinner and play time in Bill's shop.  I am also reminded of how I enjoyed hanging out with you and exploring KC.  You are so full of energy that this old man was very tired trying to keep up with you come night time. I miss those times.

Archived