Need to find miniature pvc pipes?

theminiaturist

Finding styrene tubing shouldn't be a big problem, most hobby shops that caters for model airplanes and trains stock it, the connectors I have never seen in small sizes...but I wonder since this is for your guinea pig and don't need to be 1:12 scale...I quickly googled builders toys and maybe you might find something in the toy department that will be useable. I found these two, maybe you can teach the guinea pig to build his own toys ;-)

http://www.m.amazon.com/Lakeshore-Learning-Materials-Pipe-Builders/dp/B004ZAKQQO

http://www.m.amazon.com/International-Playthings-QA4175-Quercetti-Tubation/dp/B0002VZ0ZC/ref=pd_sim_21_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0FNZ8P5BQQBS79VZFT0K

• Like 1

Styrene - yes, excellent miniature PVC pipe... but just like copper pipe, you would just use a larger diameter of styrene to make your connectors.

What size of pipe are you looking for?  To give you an example of scale styrene, I would search at Hobbylinc.com and search for styrene tube so you can see the scale modeling sizes of styrene tube. 

I think I can imagine the size of a real guinea pig, but it would be helpful to know the diameter of the pipe you are searching for.

I think Elga's links may be the correct size for the furkid's use.

Tamra

• Like 1

Try a model train shop.

BTW... Most of us have loads of stuff left over from a projects. That becomes part of your stash of materials. You might really need those left overs sometime in the next thirty years. No kidding! ;-)

A 45 degree stub means it has a little stub that fits into the round tube and round rod is a solid bar with no hole.

I recommend that you ask them for a picture of the 45 degree stub before you order any, on the website that Paul posted I see there are a few different ones.