Why the change???

Bill Hudson

All is well now. Works fine.

What has happened to our reply and messenger windows? The font is weird and can not change it and can not get smilies etc. In messenger can not attach photos and can not control the sentence spacing etc.

Personally this change is hard to use as I have to make several edits to get word and sentence spacing.I type it one way here and it comes out different with broken up sentences.
It takes too much time tweaking too get it right. I also like to use a special font and color and smilies..

post-35-0-51546900-1438315503_thumb.png

I have no idea Bill, I generally post from my IPad where all those different options are not available in any case, I will see if I have time over the weekend to check it out on my computer.

Earlier I was talking with Tamra on messenger and all was ok but the next reply it changed to this format.

Bill, I wonder if you have changed any settings on your PC, or maybe accidentally hit a button somewhere on the forum, as you can see I had no problem changing fonts, color or adding smilies.  :huh:  :o 

What I do find interesting is how different your blue writing looks on my iPad compared to on my computer. Hope you get it sorted out.

On the iPad it looks like this.

post-6-0-95073700-1438325727_thumb.jpg

And on my PC like this.

post-6-0-37306300-1438326267_thumb.jpg

Every thing seems to have changed. I cannot reply directly to a comment have to reply to the topic. I have to sign each time I want to reply. I re started the computer, logged out and signed back in and no change.

Well I have the reply back and now do not have to log in to reply. I guess I am going to have to hire a nerd to help me but I will have to sell more stuff to afford him. ;) the smilie I typed in.

It works now. There is a little button up in the top left hand corner far left of the font window. I clicked on that and all is OK now. :D   :rolleyes:  :wacko:  ;)

Now it is having me sign in each time I want to reply or open the forum.  Won't keep me signed in although I checked remember me.

• 5 months later...

That's interesting, Elga, that the font shows up differently on iPad and PC. I'm reading on an iPad mini, and the small light blue script is very difficult to read. The bolder, larger comic sans is easy to see. I'll have to drag out my laptop and see if I can read the posts more easily. I haven't been using it much because the battery won't hold a charge, and my PC died.

Is the blue script hard for all to read? I use blue because I get tired of the plain old bock nondescript script.  The larger size script is easier for me to read.

On the screen shot photo you posted Bill all the tools for leaving a comment are blurred out but one! Click on that one that is darker on the top at the left side. That is what fixed the problem for me.

Archived