Play day in the studio.

Bill Hudson

Was playing around in my studio this morning and decided to build an old beat up shipping crate.  It's story is that some lathe gears were shipped to the shop in it and it has been knocking around in in a store room in the old machine shop under benches and in corners and such for years.  The box is 1/34" tall and 1/12" square.  The top is removable.  

post-35-0-25537500-1430358460_thumb.jpg

post-35-0-58982700-1430358473_thumb.jpg

That is a bea-u-ti-ful box Bill.  Glad to see you putzin in the workshop.  Are all those nails really nails?  Nice aged finish.

Can I apply to be your apprentice? :)

Ok, I can't afford to be off from work anymore this year, but an apprenticeship is a happy thought at least for me.

Tamra

Tamera, there are over 78 nails in the box.  I make them from .020 iron florist wire.  I'm afraid I'm a bit past my prime to be taking on an apprentice.   :rolleyes:

Thanks Bill,        That looks really cool with the Kerosene Can sitting on top!   Neat idea.   

Thanks, all, This combination is going to be a birthday present for my son tomorrow. I will warp the can in tissue and place it in the box.  I have signed both and dated with his birthday. Want to see how long until he figures there is something in the box and if he can figure how to open it. I can't talk about it on FB because he can red it there.

Bill

With 78 nails in the box, is he going to be able to get it open?  Yes, I see that it is a removable top.  I was thinking this could be one of those trick boxes... This is a fun gift... Lucky son.  :)

(I remember that Elga put hidden drawers in her miniature caskets, and that is why I was thinking it was a trick box.)

Tamra

Archived