Tune Wine Decanter

ElgaKoster

ElgaKoster

I finally finished the wine decanter that I made in Bill Robertson's class last year in Tune, this was a really great class for me as I had time to polish up on techniques that I had half forgotten from the brass bed class in Castine in 2012 (my first time ever turning any metal) plus I learned a lot more new techniques in this class resulting in a definite love for playing with brass on the lathe.

I changed two steps on the wine decanter, after looking at a lot of decanters on the internet, I changed the cradle into a more simplistic one, which was quite tricky to make in the end. I first made one out of card to make sure my idea would actually work.

image.jpg2_zpsjpv5lxz7.jpg

image.jpg1_zps3hyr47ut.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsp4bw3vbm.jpg

All the pieces before final assembly.

image.jpg2_zpsirfok4dd.jpg

Secondly I decided to make small screws with knobs for holding the cradle in place after I saw a photo of a french decanter with knobs. And here it is all finished.

image.jpg1_zpsgmkebqvu.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsrhdhjvhu.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsgavlvlb7.jpg

• Like 4
Bob McGinnis

Thanks Elga for showing us this.  What a Fine piece of workmanship.   It is truly a pleasure to take a class from Bill !

• Like 1