Some of my furniture pieces 1/12th scale

Mario M

Very nice....

I like the photography too, interesting angles and lighting.

Thank you for sharing and please show us more.

Hi Mario,

Welcome to the forum, your work is beautiful! I hope we will see you at a show somewhere!

Cheers,

Teresa

Very nice work!  I'd love to sit in that rocking chair.  What did you use to weave the back and seat?

Very nice work!  I'd love to sit in that rocking chair.  What did you use to weave the back and seat?

Hello MissyBoling

That is 1/16th satin ribbon.

The class on that piece took longer to weave the back and seat than to assemble the rocker itself as you can imagine. It's the perfect one inch squares ( 1/12th scale ) after its weaved.

Mario

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I really like seeing the grain of the resawn Cypress.  Are you going to weather it or paint it?  The wood grain is great... I always wonder when I want something to weather if I could just leave the mini structure outdoors, what would happen - my luck we would have some huge storm and I would have a wizard of oz moment and there goes the house!

Tamra

On 7/22/2016 at 9:00 AM, WeekendMiniaturist said:

I really like seeing the grain of the resawn Cypress.  Are you going to weather it or paint it?  The wood grain is great... I always wonder when I want something to weather if I could just leave the mini structure outdoors, what would happen - my luck we would have some huge storm and I would have a wizard of oz moment and there goes the house!

Tamra

I think I'm going to let it age on it's own It gets darker each year.  I like the rustic look ;)

Mario, Oh gosh, In my earlier years I did the housework's porch that is very similar to this in structure.  It is one of our youngest son's favorites.  (He flew the nest a long time ago now.)  Now, all these years later I wish I would have dated that piece as I have no idea when I did it and I didn't keep notes about my work at that time.

Did you resaw the cypress on a band saw or table saw?  We recently found some wonderful old pine floor boards, that have beautiful tight grain, but we only planed them down so I could see it without the old floor finish, and I haven't decided where I want to use it... furniture or floors...  I was just admiring that pine the other day, and decided I would faint from the heat if I stayed in the shop any longer.  There is no woodworking lathe activity in my world right now.

Martha in Louisiana, I know you mentioned some resawn cypress last year - I can see why you like this grain so much.

10 hours ago, WeekendMiniaturist said:

Mario, Oh gosh, In my earlier years I did the housework's porch that is very similar to this in structure.  It is one of our youngest son's favorites.  (He flew the nest a long time ago now.)  Now, all these years later I wish I would have dated that piece as I have no idea when I did it and I didn't keep notes about my work at that time.

Did you resaw the cypress on a band saw or table saw?  We recently found some wonderful old pine floor boards, that have beautiful tight grain, but we only planed them down so I could see it without the old floor finish, and I haven't decided where I want to use it... furniture or floors...  I was just admiring that pine the other day, and decided I would faint from the heat if I stayed in the shop any longer.  There is no woodworking lathe activity in my world right now.

Martha in Louisiana, I know you mentioned some resawn cypress last year - I can see why you like this grain so much.

Yes It was cut with a Band saw first then thickness  sanded  then cut into boards with my table saw.  This was reclaimed cypress that was taken out of a 100+ year old house.  I was given the cut off pieces after a floor project. I'm going to start putting together some furniture  when I get my studio set the way i like it . ;)

And I think this was patterned off the housework's front porch its been so long ago.  

Mario

Mario, I would like to get on your list when you start cypress furniture production!  Years ago, there was a lady in maybe Prairieville, Louisiana who made miniature furniture from old reclaimed cypress. I have a couple of her pieces, but can't seem to recall her name. This was long before I started cataloging my collection.  I think she may have worked in the post office.

I have been on the look out for old cypress with a smaller grain for several year to replicate the floor in Aragon Plantation in the lower part of Terrebonne Parish (built circa 1850; long lost to fire).  In my research, I have recently discovered that the floors were old heart pine, so the search continues!

On 7/31/2016 at 2:06 PM, Mesouth said:

Mario, I would like to get on your list when you start cypress furniture production!  Years ago, there was a lady in maybe Prairieville, Louisiana who made miniature furniture from old reclaimed cypress. I have a couple of her pieces, but can't seem to recall her name. This was long before I started cataloging my collection.  I think she may have worked in the post office.

I have been on the look out for old cypress with a smaller grain for several year to replicate the floor in Aragon Plantation in the lower part of Terrebonne Parish (built circa 1850; long lost to fire).  In my research, I have recently discovered that the floors were old heart pine, so the search continues!

When I start I will post pics here ...... I have a lot to do getting set up New tooling brand new work space.   

Archived