Section for identifing signatures?

D. Paone

Is there a section here for help with identifing signatures on older pieces?

I have the "Reference Guide To Miniature Makers Marks" but was unable to find a few signatures.

Thanks.

Neat stuff..... Just guesses on my part...... The wicker might have been a class project at the Ashland, Va, "Back to College" event held at Randoph Macon College. It was hosted by Jackie and Joe Andrews with a lot of help from a local group........ It was sort of like a Guild School before there was GS...... Just a weekend in June and was it hot down there...... And for years there was no air conditioning!

The tea pot could be a early work of Muriel Hopwood of the UK but that is just a guess

The others I don't know.... But have seen the "P" somewhere......... Maybe look for similar things in the Kruger collection,

http://www.fineminiaturesforum.com/index.php?/topic/18-a-website-with-thousands-of-identified-miniatures-from-the-70-80s/

Diane, the second mustard crock pot I am pretty sure is by Elizabeth Causeret from France, I have one of her pieces and just went to check the signature, she still makes and sells, there is a lot of her items on Swan house miniatures.

http://swanhouseminiatures.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=82&sort=20a&page=13

The tea pot and other ceramic thing are Elizabeth Chambers, the pair of vases are by Emily Good, she was an incredibly talented miniaturist for over 40 years. Her day job was a nuclear physicist. She also holds the record for the artist with the most pieces in National Museum of Toys and Miniatures, I'm second!

I am lucky to have met them both.

This thread reminded me of items I bought in NY in 2013 that I don't know the makers of, first is these tiny porcelain figures marked with the initials B.N. and a date of 1996.

post-6-0-94414000-1426781337_thumb.jpg

And these two metal and enameled candle sticks marked P.J.

post-6-0-97832000-1426781434_thumb.jpg

Elga can you add pictures of the signatures?

I think the B.N might be Betty Neiswender of Keramos Ceramics out of Las Vegas Nevada.

I believe the candlesticks are by Recollect Studios (Carol & Jeff Backman, & Paul Jago.

Archived