Meet and See Robertson's work in Southern Ca. on 2/28/15

Wm. R. Robertson

Many of you have seen my work here on this site and others. Here is a chance to see it in real. If you happen to live in Southern Ca. I will be at theMiniature Engineering Craftsmanship Museum in Carlsbad to receive an award and show a bunch of my work on Saturday 2/28. Admission is free, I would love to meet any of you from the area.

Here is one of the pieces I will be bringing……. a 1/8th scale 1880's Machinist's Chest

DSCN1447_zps78788a75.jpg

Here is the press release with the details, hope to see you there.

Renowned Miniaturist to Share his Work at Carlsbad Craftsmanship Museum

William R. Robertson of Kansas City, MO will be on hand Saturday, Feb. 28th to display some of his incredible miniature work and to explain how it is done. The Miniature Engineering Craftsmanship Museum in Carlsbad is hosting Mr. Robertson for the day while he is presented with the Joe Martin Foundation’s “Craftsman of the Year” award for 2015.

Bill specializes in historically accurate miniature reproductions of vintage objects, usually in 1/12 scale, a scale often used for dollhouse miniatures. His work includes representations of everything from ornate furniture and tool boxes packed with tiny tools to scientific instruments.  His expertise is shared in classes and seminars on making miniatures in Europe, Asia and the USA. Mr. Robertson will be available for questions from 10 AM to 4 PM on Saturday, February 28th. The museum is located at 3190 Lionshead Avenue, Carlsbad, CA 92010. (760) 727-9492. Admission is free. To examine his work in advance, go to www.CraftsmanshipMuseum.com/Robertson.htm.

Craig Libuse, Director

Miniature Engineering Craftsmanship Museu

3190 Lionshead Avenue, Carlsbad, CA 92010

760727-9492, craig@CraftsmanshipMuseum.com

Nowhere near there, but am very close to the Maysville museum. And I was planning to go in the summer to see the unveiling of your work when there are dates finalized. Will you be there?? I'd LOVE to meet you there :)

Bill you are Most deserving of being selected as "Craftsman of the Year".   We hope you have a great time in Carlsbad at the Craftsmanship Museum.   Wish you were able to be at the N.A.M.E.S. Show in Wyandotte but we know you have to be in Chicago at that time.  Thanks so much for all you do for this great hobby.  Best Wishes

Archived