Ever hear of a Dollhouse Dental Cabinet?

Wm. R. Robertson

Have you ever heard of these? They would make the perfect tool cabinet in a clean workshop!

I just happen to have one, which is on loan to my mother for decades, she keeps some of her sewing things in it. What these are is a dental cabinet in the shape of a house, they made two styles, one like shown and the other with a flat roof. It is said only about 300 were produced in the 1920's. The idea was to sell them to pediatric dentist's so as not to scare little girl patients...... Just imagine a sweet little girl walking back into the exam room and thinks we are going to play house...... Gets gassed and wakes up with a sore mouth. The idea is almost cruel..... But it was the 20's.

But just look how cool this would be as a tool chest on stand for your miniature working tools.

Here is a link with some more pictures of a model just like mine...... Now days these seem to sell in $3000 to $5000 range.

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/13425776_doll-house-dental-cabinet

post-5-0-53480400-1423332017_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-09229900-1423332029_thumb.jpg

HAHAHA   and these are awesome! I love anything with drawers and a dollhouse cabinet would be a lot fun. No I've never heard of them. Thanks for posting it and lucky you to have one---

I think your dentist's cabinet was part of a line put out by the Singer furniture company. They also did bedroom sets, I've attached the photo of the bookshelf over the dresser, between another shelf and drawer and the fold out desk. I've been meaning to build a 1:12 scale set for some time. Tom and Leni Bishop owned a set (full sized) when their kids were small.

Such a cool and fun idea, if just the teensiest bit sexist! (You just know some boy patients were suckered into that dentist's office as well.)

post-11-0-43911500-1423484439_thumb.jpg

Bonni.... I don't know if the American Cabinet Co. Made the stuff for Singer or not. I know the marketing for these was only to dentists, these were not something used in the home. The drawer slides and stuff are commercial grade for everyday use.

If a little girl had a set like you pictured, since that is her dresser, etc. I guess it would be OK to have her socks in the living room?

Archived