Take care of you neck and back.

Bill Hudson

I am not sure if this is a place to post this but I want every one here to realize that doing miniatures is damaging to your spine and neck if you don't  take care and take stretching breaks.  Humping over as much as we do causes our spines to start deforming.  Set a timer and about every half hour stop and stretch your neck and back.   

A good exercise is to stand near a door frame and place a hand on each side of the frame about chest high. Then lightly lean forward doing pushups,feeling it in your chest muscles. Then tilt you head forward and back several times, then side to side and then turn from side to side.  DO NOT FORCE THE EXERCISES. Before starting the exercises check with you doctor first.  

That is good advise Bill. I know I should do it but sometimes I look up and it is 3 or 4 hours later and I haven't even noticed. Thanks for reminding me. :-)

I recently discovered I couldn't do a real push up.  OMG, not 1!  Now I'm back to practicing, so when I'm 80 I'll still be able to pick up a mini chair.

This is a great reminder Bill!

Tamra

Archived