New Shop Opens!

Darren Thomas

Hello IGMA Forum Friends -  I have some exciting news to share! 

After years in the corporate world, I decided to pursue my dream and opened my own miniatures shop!  D. Thomas Fine Miniatures is located in the historic Hudson Valley region, just north of NYC, in an area rich in history, art and education. 

I’m featuring dollhouses/roomboxes as well as top-tier commercial and artist pieces.  I also have a DIY area for classes and workshops. Importantly, I have a dedicated gallery cabinet, for exhibitions of significant work, in order to raise awareness of miniatures as an art form.  I'm targeting not only a whole new generation but exposing the discipline for those who may just be discovering it!

Attached is a local story on the shop. I expect a higher-end regional “glossy” story to hit later this week…

Would love for you all to come and visit!

D. Thomas Fine Miniatures

579 Warburton Avenue/Shop #6

Hastings-on-Hudson NY 10706

914-231-9871

Tues-Sat 10am to 5pm

Sundays 12-5pm

(Closed Mondays)

Evenings by Appointment

- Darren

post-169-0-42532800-1417526362_thumb.jpe

post-169-0-60524100-1417526393_thumb.jpe

Congratulations and best of luck with your new shop.

I know the area very well. I spent a lot of time in New Paltz. Next time I am at Lake Mohonk I will plan a visit.

Oh awesome! And thanks because we need more shops.

Congratulations, wishing you all the good luck and success in the world---

Congratulations..... I hope you share some pictures of what the shop looks like and tell us if you find any really cool tools that we all have to have.

Think we should have a section for shop news?

Thanks ALL - -and YES I will share pics of the shop!  

I have a gallery cabinet that's aching to be filled with as assortment of miniature tools in to exhibit....any suggestions on where to find a spectacular collection we could plan a showing around?  

I vote to create a section for shop news!!!  

• 11 months later...

Archived