1/4 scale Rolltop Desk

Kgstakes

Thank you for showing us your 1/4" scale roll top desk.  That is amazing.  Did you use a real one for measurements?

Plans of a full size and just scaled it the model I wanted.  Made a materials list and started building.  Mortise and tenon the joints and the panels fit in dadoes.

It looks like a fun project... The rolltop looks like the most challenging, is it cloth backed?

Did you make your styles and rails on a full size table saw, or smaller table saw; I have never made anything in 1/4 scale; so without doing all the math, I think they are small pieces of wood for a normal table saw, but I've met some very talented miniaturists who have used life size table saws for making 1/12th miniatures.

I'm not that brave.

Proxxon table saw.  and the tambour is backed with cloth.  I'll use my big table saw to "mill" the material down to a smaller size but all my miniatures have been built mostly with the Proxxon table saw.

I agree with you I wouldn't even try to do some of the things I do with the mini table saw on a big one.  No way.  Been in woodworking industry for 40 years and still have all my fingers, and would like to keep it that way.