Do you sell your work?

Althea

DO YOU SELL YOUR WORK? IF SO, WHERE DO YOU SELL IT?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. DO YOU SELL YOUR WORK

• YES
    • NO
    • NOT YET BUT I PLAN TO
  2. 2. Where do you MOSTLY sell your work (check the ones that are MOST relevant)

• Miniature shows at my own table/booth
    • Miniature shows at a friend's table or booth
    • IGMA's Gallery of the Guild
    • Non Miniature shows
    • Through a dealer
    • ebay
    • Etsy
    • Private Comissions
    • Through my own website
  3. 3. What does being a miniaturist mean to you?

• It's a hobby and I never sell it
    • It's a hobby and I sell occasionally --I make enough to keep my hobby going
    • I have a day job but I am considering a transition into making miniatures full time
    • Making miniatures is my career

I have created a poll to try to determine IF you sell your work and if so, where you sell it.

This information will help me put some statistics together for IGMA and I hope you will all find it interesting as well!  

There are those of us who hope to make a living from miniatures and others who do it as a pleasurable hobby--I'd really love to know what drives you!

Please feel free to give feedback that would improve this questionnaire!

Even if you never sell your miniatures answering "NO" to the first question is valuable information, so please take 1 minute to answer.

Thank you in advance!

Althea

The poll could probably use additional choices in it, answering the "No" question won't allow the form to go through.

A yes/no doesn't allow for future plans, and the next question on where do you sell could use a "where do you plan to sell?"

Most of my orders comes from people on a Yahoo group that I belong to, some when people saw my work at Guild School, I only ever got one order through my blog. Personal connections and when people actually were able to see and hold my work have generated most of my sales.

I sell my work at shows, primarily, and through custom orders. Very few sales from the internet, at this point.

I agree, seeing the cats and paintings in person generally leads to repeat sales, and commissions!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a website but have never offered anything for sale there. I have offered a few pieces on my Facebook page (but there was no option to vote for that) and to my email subscribers (again, no option). Website and Facebook page are mostly for publicity purposes in order to get email subscribers and commissions.

• 3 weeks later...

My charts are sold through my website, but my finished pieces have been mostly commissions or someone asking if I have anything already made.  I get publicity through facebook and have a couple charts available on etsy which sometimes brings business back to my website.  Most people contact me through my website, but that's changing as more people start using facebook.

Archived