The Toy & Miniature Museum of Kansas City as it was

Member1

One of the worlds finest collections of fine miniatures is housed in the Toy & Miniature Museum however it is temporary closed for a while for some major repairs to the building. It is due to reopen in 2015 with a lot of improvements. So for now all we have are pictures of the way it was. I happened to come across this travel blog with a lot of photos.... Beware, it starts in the Barbie exhibit which is a little too pink for my eyes... Scroll past the antique toys to where the miniatures start.... And that gives just a hint of what they have..... This museum has 30,000 square feet of display area so this IS just a hint.

http://johnsigrid.blogspot.com/2013/03/toy-miniature-museum-of-kansas-city_11.html

Thank you, lovely photos on that blog, I am hoping to visit the museum on one of my trips to the US, as well as the museum in Maysville.

• 2 months later...

This was SUCH a great museum, it is hard to imagine it getting even better but  I hope it will! The only collection to rival it (IMHO) is the Puppernhaus museum in Basle but that has a very different style of display.

Archived