Clearing out furniture books

Bill Hudson

I am starting to down size my library. I'm starting with furniture books.  Maybe they will be useful to some people here.

If so PM me.

post-35-0-45404000-1400538965_thumb.jpg

Very tempting...but with a trip coming up, I can only look. If anybody doesn't have the book on the Chippendale chair...don't hesitate, it is loaded with detail photos of just about every step.

That is why I want that one!.... I have to copy my own chairs someday.

hmmm....where is the picture of the Chippendale Chairs book? I think it was, "Making Classic Chippendale Chairs:  A Craftsman's Chippendale Reference" by Ron Clarkson.  Ouch, that is one expensive book on Amazon - will have to try and check this one out in the interlibrary loan system. 

THANK YOU BILL, the book on chairs came in today's mail, I did a quick look through and it looks very helpful.

That is so generous of you to pass your books on in this way, one thing so many of us have in common is we'll buy a book for even one picture in it..... And after you do that for 50 + years you have a real burden of a library. The way you have chosen to lighten your library will be much appreciated and some of those project you always wanted to make will get done, just on someone else's workbench.

Thank you again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The book on craftsman furniture is excellent.  I have that one and can recommend it higly.

Most all of the books are gone except the three shown.

Thank you all for sending shipping money and I hope you find them useful.

Bill H

How very generous of you Bill!  One of the things I truly love about art is the ability to share what I know while also teaching AND learning from others so that we can all take our work to the next level..a rising tide lifts all the boats!  Bill, I believe you are setting a wonderful example, thank you.  

• 3 weeks later...

For the time being I have no more books to get rid of.  Thank you all who took some.  It is good to know where they have gone.  

Archived