Greetings

Laura Taylor

Greetings!  My name is Laura Taylor and I am the educator for The National Museum of Toys and Miniatures in Kansas City.  I've worked in the museum field for about 15 years and I have spent the last 8 years at the T/m.  I have always loved small objects and I am also interested in the decorative arts so this museum is the perfect niche for me!  I look forward to seeing the forum grow!

Welcome to the forum! I hope this turns out to be a place where museum professionals like yourself can learn more about the details involved in Fine Miniatures, both about and from the artists and just what kind of detail goes into creating some of these things. I also hope we'll learn from you about all kinds of things having to do with the behind the scenes at a museum.

I guess in some ways it boils down to our job is create these little objects for whatever reasons, your job is to interpret and educate the public about what and why we did it?.... I think you have the harder task.

Thank you for being here.

Welcome Laura, I look forward to visiting your exhibits in Kansas City... I haven't made it yet, but definitely on my list!  I do hope that you will post links to the Museum's website and let the forum know if you are hosting any special events!   If you have any questions, I'm sure that you will find this group of miniaturists to be a wonderful resource.  Tamra/Indiana

Thanks for the warm welcome, Tamra!  We are doing a big rennovation right now at the museum and we'll reopen next year.  We'll post some updates as our project progresses.  Perhaps you'll be able to visit for one of our opening events!

Hi Laura, and welcome! Being from Europe your museum is definitely on my bucket list if I ever get the chance to travel the US. I'm looking forward to see and read any fresh news from the T&M museum here. In the meantime, good luck with the renovations! I'm sure it's not easy at times but all worth while in the end! 

Archived