Hello! Introduction from Tamra

WeekendMiniaturist

Hello from Northern Indiana... I'm Tamra  and have been hanging out with miniaturists since 1996... I joined the local miniature club after being introduced to the club by my dear friends, Bud and Becky Bowers, the owners of our local miniature store...I thought a Mom's day away from our sons was just excuse I needed to have 1 morning per month to myself.  Wow, looking back 18 - 19 years ago, that decision changed my life.

I really appreciate the International Guild of Miniature Artisans and all the opportunities I have had to learn from fellow miniaturists.  I am a weekend miniaturist as I work full-time, seldom finish my projects as I suffer from real life distractions (our family has 4 generations all living close)  and mini distraction disorders, but I truly enjoy the process and finishing can be left to when I retire...  I love woodworking, tools, books, accumulating a stash of supplies, and petitpoint... If I won the lottery, I would retire instantly and just hang out in the shop, make furniture and stitch in the evenings...  Among the list of my most treasured experiences is miniature tourism, where I get to see my friends, (from all over the world!) and hear about your current projects.  I'm lucky to be married to my fabu husband for 30+ years, and also lucky that he is a professional woodworker in real life, as it is fun to be able to share the conversation on tools, techniques and finishes at home.  I'm glad that the Guild is offering a forum and look forward to learning from all of you. 

Tamra / Indiana

Hi Tamra! And welcome! I can relate to being a weekend miniaturist because of full time work and family. In my case I'm a late night evening one :) But it doesn't make it any less of a passion, does it? And this forum is just right for it, welcome and enjoy!

Archived