Unimat chuck

Bill Hudson

Clearing out a box I found this Unimat independent, four jaw chuck I no longer need. If interested message me. Also is an adapter threaded to the Unimat spindle and can be used to make special face plate or such

431464766_chuck-1(1).jpg.c30456cd797f2025c3bbb5af3cdfb2ac.jpg1448478851_chuck-1.jpg.a266ac080174e69f4144cb1cace21c05.jpg

• 3 years later...

I am new to this list. I have a Unimat SL however the chuck I have as dinged up when I moved.  I took it apart but can't get it back together properly. Any suggestions, I would be interested in your chuck if it is still available

Tim, welcome to the Fine Miniatures Forum.  My Unimat DB/SL is my very first lathe / mill and I really like my unimat chucks, they are smooth... if this doesn't work out with Bill's 4 jaw chuck as this was almost 4 years ago, Sherline does have a 4 jaw chuck with metric threading for the unimat.  Unimat accessories are a little pricey in the secondary market.  

I also had the experience of dismantling one of my chucks, and had difficulty re-assembling.  I think the chuck jaws are numbered  a specific way, and the "key" if I remember was to know the order of the jaws before it came apart... so there 16 different combinations, right 4 squared?  I also think my 4 jaw chuck had independent jaws - but it was a long time ago, and I was very green in terms of experience.... probably 2015?

I am also a member of the unimat groups.io... I joined it when I got my first uni.... I was quite full of glee when it arrived on my doorstep for about 2 days until I realized I purchased a metric lathe,,, so new dimension(s) of learning.  I still have my uni but use it for metals more then anything else...

Thank you for the info, I am trying to get back into building models I have built ships, boats, steam engines, and trains mostly. Currently I plan to make horse drawn carts and wagons does anyone on this list make these sort of items?