Fine Miniature tools by Marco Terenzi

WeekendMiniaturist

I have been watching Marco's website for a while now... if you love to look at beautiful handmade tools... I think you will want to check this out.  Marco's tools are miniatures, but I believe they are larger then 1/12th scale.    I learned about Marco because I saw his class at the Marc Adams School of Woodworking in Franklin, IN.  

http://www.marcoterenzi.com/

For our forum participants who may want a new challenge, perhaps something outside your comfort zone... Marco's class is upcoming beginning July 30 - August 3, 2018.

https://marcadams.com/event/details-small-scale-tool-making-techniques-marco-terenzi/?instance_id=218

I absolutely loved Mr. Robertson's make a wooden plane class at Guild School 2016 and this was the correct scale for me... Marco's tools appear to be larger then 1/12th scale, or I would have been expressing my registration in February when classes opened for 2018.

If you love to collect tools, and I have observed a few bidding wars on old rare tools, you may want to check out Marco's website, as these tools may become the highly sought after collectors items in the future!

I cannot tell from the pictures what scale he works in but what difference does that make? Learning the processes works in any scale. In face if he is working a larger scale it would be easier to learn. Once you have the knowhow you can adapt to any scale. 

Bill H, that is an excellent point!  I looked at the class details again last night and wondered....  I spent my education money on Patrick Moore's stereotomy class instead this year,  and of course it wasn't in 1/12th scale either.  But you are 100% correct the new skills that you learn can be applied to my treasured 1/12th scale.  And I am hopeful that those new drawing and applying those measurements to wood, will translate to a roof and a cantilever staircase.  The drawing for the class was on a sheet of paper about 4' x 4'... 

I did email Marco when I was deciding on my class and inquired if I could work in 1/12th scale, and did not get a reply... of course no instructor should be changing their class on request, but I did at least try... The hammers look beautiful, and I expect they are balanced perfectly... would make some really nice wall art in a nice presentation box... perhaps with an LED light above the tool...?

Archived