Dollhouse Sized Chair Needed

J24yanks

Good morning, I'm looking for someone to create a dollhouse size version of the attached chair.  Can you recommend someone that specializes in custom miniature sized pieces?

Thank you, 

Jen

Chair Pic.jpg

Does the Chair have to be laser engraved in miniature?

It appears to have a logo engraved on the back... "Oppenheimer Funds?"

24 minutes ago, WeekendMiniaturist said:

Does the Chair have to be laser engraved in miniature?

It appears to have a logo engraved on the back... "Oppenheimer Funds?"

We would prefer for logo & the personalization to be on the back of chair, yes.  I'm open to how that's added, just needs to be there.  

If I can make some suggestions...

I would take a photo of the chair's side view to post to the FMF, and perhaps cut and paste a better photo of the logo and text you wish to be included.  The logo can be accomplished, but the text under the logo is going to get really small, and I recommend you specify some measurements of the chair.  Do you require the chair to be in 1/12th scale, where 1" represents 1 foot?  Do you require only 1 masterpiece?

If for example if you have a digital file, and you can print if full size where it matches the size on your chair.  If you can reduce it to 8% (roughly 1/12th scale) is your logo and text going to translate where it is recognizable?  Today's lasers can be amazing; subject to your ability to program it, but the reality of that much text on a 1/12th scale chair slat back is going to be very, very small.   Was the text and logo lasered on the original full size chair?

Referencing my own experiences, before I get my heart set on a specifics of miniaturizing an object, I try to shrink to 1/12th with a printer or photo to see if it is a possibility and meets my criteria, that in this project, I can actually read the text.  

I apologize if I asking very fundamental questions and you are way, way past these questions - just thinking of the project that will help you find someone to make your chair.

Unfortunately, that's the only photo of the chair that I have to share.  If needed I'm sure we can make adjustmetns to the logo & the writing.  or maybe have a the chair sit on a wood base and have the plaque on the base with the engraving.  

We would only need 1 piece for this special request.  

In regards to measurements, I'm open the request was for a dollhouse size version of the chair.  I'm open to sizing at this time.  

I'm sorry I know this is a strange request, but please let me know if I can provide any additional details.  I will try to provide as much info as I can.  

Hi Forum Members!

If you have interest in this project, please contact J24yanks with a personal message.  

J24yanks, many of our forum artisans and students are headed to Guild School, so they may be delayed with travel... if you do find someone, please update the forum if your request is fulfilled.  Good Luck!

Archived