My old 2008 website compared to the new 2018 site.

Rustyclockwork

Hi all,

This site is not live yet, a landing page is what you'll see right now if you visit my shop's address at www.oldfoundry.com

I wanted to give everyone here a sneak peak and comparison between the old and new sites...  The new content has been about three years in the making. Workshop tour, processes, capabilities, library, etc... One of the neatest things about the new site is that my restoration customers will get to see their job status at any time by logging in and seeing what position their job is in the queue, which will be a really nice thing.

Also, the colors (especially the yellow lettering) have been more muted, compared to the 1999 and 2008 sites, the new 2018 site is less "busy" and easier to read and navigate. The muted yellow was something my wife suggested, and I'm glad she did!  I stayed with my original red color palette, but added a greenish blue for contrast here and there.

I hope you enjoy the new work I've done, the first image is of the old 2008 site (first version with secure shopping cart). My next post will have a screenshot of the new (but still incomplete) 2018 site.

I hope everyone is having a great night!

Jason

old-2008-site.thumb.png.713a693a945d08a1ac779e7a1234ff68.png

And this is a screenshot of the new site. The race car is animated, and zooms off, then the next slide shows our automaton service section, then a few more slides displaying further services. The bottom half of the new site is not visible either, contact information and some links, as well as the latest three articles (blog entries) published.

new-2018-site.thumb.png.dac6d28931f6e2327971860c8a2ad53a.pngJason

Congratulations on the new website; I like the new tone of yellow change to the golden tones.

Websites seem like a lot of work while someone is working, but I'm sure it helps people find your business.  Congrats on the update and it is nice to see you pop into the forum.

Thanks! Once it gets online (hopefully in about a month or two) I’ll have a little more time documenting some of the work that goes on here.

I appreciate the comments on the design! Lots of work inside :-)

Jason

• 3 months later...

Archived