Watering Can

Catherine Ronan

I have been busy making watering cans from flat sheet and wire. This week I got a new hydraulic press with a 20 ton jack. Which will make things a lot easier. I was burnishing those rings (on the can) in by hand. 

1-DSCN4310.JPG

1-DSCN4307.JPG

Catherine, how many girls can say they own a new hydraulic press with a 20 ton jack? That's what I love about this hobby so much! I love your watering can! gail

Gail,

Thank you. I think they got it wrong... It's tools that are a girls best friend. 

Oops... I see there is some Blu-tack stuck in one of the holes in the watering head. I'll just pretend it's a bit of garden grunge. ;-)

Great job! I don't think a girl can have too many tools! Tamra, Elga and I were talking about this last night! By the way, Kansas City was great! Wish you all had been there!

If you want to upgrade your project we have a very similar one made of Italian Solid Silver (it's a vintage piece) on www.silverissimo.com

DSCN1834.jpg

oh, gosh a silver watering can?  what happens to it when you go put water in it?  Both are beautiful specimens, but I am happiest with a less expensive metal for my watering can.  Perhaps the wealthy folks used a silver watering can....I have no experience with this one... :)

Catherine, it is wonderful that you were able to add to the tool collection... Having the correct tools just makes the project more enjoyable!  Congratulations, this is a wonderful accomplishment!

Archived