Hello from Portland and--help?

hans_co

Thanks Tamra, that's inspiring!

I have ideas about what to make, but my hunch is that they're all too ambitious for my skill level. So I'll continue to read beginner tool articles and read my book when it gets here...I'm just itching to do something with my hands RIGHT NOW! ;)

Sounds like a lot of procrastination to me.  Build for you, what you are interested in. If you try to build something that you think other ail like they probably won't.  Then you will be disappointed. Look for something you really like but simple to start with, then look it over well, get measurements and try to figure how it was made; then make it.

Can you find your way to the San Jose, CA Miniature Show?  I think you are about 10 hours away, and the show is about 1 month from now...It is probably the largest show on the West Coast... I thought it was a pretty large show. 

Google Good Sam Miniature Show Case, San Jose CA, I would have to look to see the show calendars, probably want to find out about the  Seattle, WA Mini Show, too.

The CA Good Sam Show is a really nice show  - if you haven't been exposed to a lot of miniatures this is a great way to see a lot of things in 1 day.  My very first Chicago Show was in the fall, and...I think I purchased a Rug Kit, and not much more...so it is possible to go to a mini show and not go into debt. 

Have you read Elga's blog?  I'm much impressed with the projects the South African club has done in furniture making. 

Tamra/Indiana

Sounds like a lot of procrastination to me.  Build for you, what you are interested in. If you try to build something that you think other ail like they probably won't.  Then you will be disappointed. Look for something you really like but simple to start with, then look it over well, get measurements and try to figure how it was made; then make it.

Oh snap! Called out! You're lighting a fire under me here. Okay, okay. Maybe I'll start with a simple object or two and work my way up to structures.

Can you find your way to the San Jose, CA Miniature Show?  I think you are about 10 hours away, and the show is about 1 month from now...It is probably the largest show on the West Coast... I thought it was a pretty large show. 

Have you read Elga's blog?  I'm much impressed with the projects the South African club has done in furniture making. 

At this point (just beginning) I can't justify the cost (especially to my wife). Thanks for the tip, though. I haven't read Elga's blog. Could you link to it?

• 2 weeks later...

www.portlandminiatureshow.com

I've heard from the grapevine that there was a miniature show last weekend.  Did you go to it?

Tamra/Indiana

• 1 month later...

Archived