Guild School.... There are still some great classes with spaces left.

Member1

Fortunately I've been able to attend a few times, but sad to say I can't make it this year. But it's such a great place to be! The best week of the year, being able to share our passion with so many fellow enthusiastic miniaturists and on top of that the best teachers you could wish for.  

And being a postman myself I found it amazing to discover that this tiny tranquil little seaside village called Castine,  has the oldest postoffice in the US.   ;)

post-10-0-16631900-1398263057_thumb.jpg

"The best week of the year, being able to share our passion with so many fellow enthusiastic miniaturists and on top of that the best teachers you could wish for. "...... So true, it is one of the best weeks of the year. I once heard someone describe it as a place " That for a week they didn't have to explain what miniatures are and why they liked them"

Just imagine being a beautiful secluded seaside village for a week with hundreds of miniature friends?.... And if you like lobster, it doesn't get any sweeter than Fresh Maine Lobster.

It's a shame you'll skip this year... Well all miss you.

Missing it too this year and some of my online friends are attending for the first time, sad I am going to miss meeting them in the flesh. Guild School has changed my life forever, one of the best things that ever happened to me...but I will be back!

• 2 weeks later...

As we start thinking about Castine this year I am sure a bunch of students won't miss the hard chore of sawing cow bones for those bone and steel chests last year……. but you can see even a task like that is done with plenty of space, light, ventilation…..

IMG_0017_zps771cd1d4.jpg

Ah and comfortable chairs, plenty of table space and tools for everyone…… the Guild School experience….

IMG_0037_zpsfce23d25.jpg

LOL, I sure am not going to miss hand sawing bone, but it was a great class, learned so much. And I have cut bone and ivory since I came home...on my bandsaw, a lot easier for sure!

For a wonderful view of Castine look at Debora's blogs, she has a number of them. On really nice feature is she has such an eye for detail, as so many miniature artists do..... She takes pictures of things around the village that I have just walked by for years without noticing.....

http://petitpunt.blogspot.com/2010/06/igma-school-2010-castine-maine.html

http://petitpunt.blogspot.com/2013/06/guild-school-2013.html

So while Miniatures I Tune may have beautiful Copenhagen the Guild School has the beautiful village of Castine!

Debora, Bill, How to make a grown man cry, thank you. I really miss Castine the Guild School and students and old friends and Maine. It was a very special part of my life for 14 years.

Archived