Ancient German House

Guy Gadois

I mistakenly posted photos of this house on the introduction forum, now deleted.

It is an ancient German house built from plans from an 1876 German magazine. There is no scale called out but guessing at the height of doors it is about 1:20. I don't know if this was modeled after an actual house or just a collection of architectural cliches.

Cheers, Gadois

post-225-0-15915400-1404085963_thumb.jpgpost-225-0-10304900-1404086006_thumb.jpgpost-225-0-18382700-1404086018_thumb.jpgpost-225-0-17069300-1404086026_thumb.jpg

That's wonderful!  Thanks for posting the pictures!  How did you happen to find the old German magazine?

To MissyBoling,

Thank you for your comments!

Rick's scroll saw site has rather rough plans copied from old magazines. I have no idea where he obtained them.

A link to his site: http://www.scrollsaws.com/

Cheers, Guy

• 2 months later...

An example of this dollhouse used to be at the Mary Merritt Museum and was sold at auction about seven years ago, so there are definitely other houses out there! Yours is in nicer shape than that one was.

To susang,

Thank you for the response to my posting. However, this structure is not a "dollhouse". It is a scale model of a certain real or imaginary building. There are no provisions for using it as a dollhouse. The ground floor entrance swings open so the model may be used as a wall cabinet.

Cheers, Guy

Archived