cheryl

For those interested in teaching at Guild School 2017 I would like to suggest a topic for a seminar and that is pin routing. A demonstration and/or hands on work would be very useful.

I have shown how to do pin routing many times here on the forum, all those posts will be under furniture and woodworking. And there is a lot of info in my milling wood for furniture topic.

But sometimes a hands on demonstration is best, I struggled to get my head around this concept from online sources when I just started making furniture, a class at our Johannesburg club helped me to understand how it works.

1 hour ago, ElgaKoster said:

I have shown how to do pin routing many times here on the forum, all those posts will be under furniture and woodworking. And there is a lot of info in my milling wood for furniture topic.

But sometimes a hands on demonstration is best, I struggled to get my head around this concept from online sources when I just started making furniture, a class at our Johannesburg club helped me to understand how it works.

I have seen your (wonderful) postings on PR.  Perhaps it would be nice to have a thread (tutorial) just about pin routing all under one heading or topic rather than scattered around in several postings. 

Good idea Bill, it will have to wait a bit though, I am teaching at our South African convention in four weeks and have lots of preparation to do for it. 

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to attend the Fall Chicago Bishop show yesterday.  Tom Walden is offering a workshop, on Thursday April 20, 2017 from 9 am to 5 pm at the Chicago International Show.  Class offering 50.  The Magic of the Drill Press cost is $150.  The workshop photos will probably be seen on the Bishop Show websites soon.

www.bishopshow.com

Click on the Chicago International Show, then workshops.

Archived