Clay news

jcfigures

Welcome to the IGMA Forum.

For those of you interested in polymer clays suitable for miniature figure sculpting (and others too) there are up and coming new clays soon to be available.

With the recent fears that the inclusion of phthalates could cause health scares they have, mostly, been withdrawn and, since phthalates make the clays plastic, have made many clays too soft and unusable. A real scare for those of us dependent on clay as it is . 

However there is good news and manufacturers have been listening to us all and, starting in May this year, new, hopefully better clays will be available.

This should be good news for all clay users I hope

• 2 weeks later...

This is great news Jamie. I am very happy to hear it because I find almost all of them too soft to work with.

• 4 weeks later...

Keeping up with changes in basic supplies seems to be a continuing journey.  I look forward to hearing your reviews of the new products Jamie.

• 5 months later...

Thank you for keeping on top of the manufacturers on whose products we rely. I'm tired of mixing clays to get the qualities I'm looking for! Oh, for the good old days of just opening a pack of Fimo #43 and getting on with it:-)

• 2 weeks later...

No kidding, Mike. If they ever change Super Sculpey I don't know what I'll use for cat sculptures.

If it's not broke, don't fix it, right?

Archived