Greetings from Lebanon, Indiana USA

Rustyclockwork

Hello all,

My name is Jason Spangle, and I am the owner of Old Foundry Toy Works.  We are a full-time restoration shop for antique toys and automatons, small foundry work, and we offer a full-service model and machine shop.  I've been working with miniatures as a profession for around 16 years, and about 12 years prior to that as a serious hobby.

The business started out in Rensselaer, Indiana around 1999, when we outgrew that building we moved further south to Lafayette, Indiana and had a storefront there.  The old-fashioned storefront was beautiful and was a lot of fun, but long conversations from friendly walk-in traffic limited our work time to too many late nights :-)  So a few years later we packed up again and found a perfect place for our works... an old school house built in 1909 way out in the country near Lebanon, Indiana.  The area is full of friendly people!  Approximately 95% of our business comes in from out of state, a bit of that comes from out of the country as well.

I'm really happy to have found out about this Guild, and I hope to contribute here and learn as well.

Nice to meet everyone,

Jason

Welcome Jason to the Forum!  So cool to have a resource to repair our cool antique toys. 

Welcome to the Forum Jason, great to have you be a part of it!  Just checked out your website and it looks terrific, what a great service you provide!  Has there been any press on you and what you do?  I'd be interested in re-to posting on my FB wall...

- Darren 

D. Thomas Fine Miniatures, Hasting-on-Hudson NY

9 hours ago, WeekendMiniaturist said:

Welcome Jason to the Forum!  So cool to have a resource to repair our cool antique toys. 

Thank you!  I appreciate the kind words :-)

3 hours ago, Darren Thomas said:

Welcome to the Forum Jason, great to have you be a part of it!  Just checked out your website and it looks terrific, what a great service you provide!  Has there been any press on you and what you do?  I'd be interested in re-to posting on my FB wall...

- Darren 

D. Thomas Fine Miniatures, Hasting-on-Hudson NY

Thank you, our current website is a dinosaur! I've been working on a new website for the past year and a half, it's funny because our new website incorporates two shades of red that this forum uses, so when I first visited the forum I was like this seems familiar :-)

We have been in some newspapers and a couple of local magazines over the years, but nothing lately.   We finally have a Facebook page, but I haven't really done much to it, I'm saving it for when the new site is published, it should be ready in about a month or two. The new site is going to have so much more content and information as well as plenty of examples of our work, plus a shop tour.

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Jason 

Archived