Tune 2016 classes are online now

Wm. R. Robertson

This is the miniature summer school held each year just south of Copenhagen, Denmark.

The 2016 classes are now online and over 30 students signed up the first day.... These are first come, first served.

http://miniatureitune.com/?page_id=869

I should add, there are great new classes and two new teachers.

The classes for next year looks great...I saw the room box that Jeffry is teaching a few weeks ago and his upholstery work, both are beautiful.

And of course I love the bone chest...having made it way back in 2013 already...lucky students, no fighting with a piece of bone to get it flat ;-)

What wood did you use for the garden bench Bill? I love it!

I think the quality of class offerings are wonderful and I see the options are expanding.  So fun to see the Tune program grow in participants.    Its only the cost of international airfare that keeps me grounded to classes in the US, but there are several classes that I know I would enjoy!  I just wish all the 2017 classes were announced at the same time, but since I have already pre-registered for GS, I think I'm pretty committed for next year.  Oh, even if they were all announced in the same week all over the world, I would probably would be in agony making a decision and then wouldn't register soon enough.  :rolleyes:

if you "google search"  Miniature in Tune - Dolls House Workshop in Denmark, they have a nice description of the week at Tune that was posted in 2013.

hmmmm... bone... can you put bone through a planer?  I wonder what bone would do to your planer knives.  I can't imagine that bone is harder then paduk - I'll have to go find a butcher - the bones look like the easiest part of the class, it is learning and understanding the lock that I would find enjoy.  I also can't imagine asking the butcher for a bone that I can put through my planer - without him thinking what is she smoking?

I also can't imagine cutting bone with a jewelers saw.  But I can imagine instructor, WRR pulling the 5 axis hand controlled CNC a/k/a Bill's Jeweler's saw from the tool bag....and of course making it look so easy to cut some bones into a wonderful box.

All of you across the pond will have a splendid time at Tune next year!

A quick note, NO... Do not even think about trying to run bone through a planer, that is a very bad idea as the tiny shreds of it that come flying out as the whole piece explodes are very sharp! It does cut very nice with a jewelers saw.

Love the bone chest, times like this I wish I was not living way 'downunder' . Oh well I will keep buying those lotto tickets!

Mavis

N.Z.

Tamra, in this thread you will see a photo of us filing and sawing our bones more or less into slabs with hack saws and a farrier file, you can cut the bones with a bandsaw and table saw too, be warned, it smells awful.

http://www.fineminiaturesforum.com/index.php?/topic/31-guild-school-there-are-still-some-great-classes-with-spaces-left/

Ok, no planing of bones - got it; (grin) But wouldn't you cook the bones first? ie for stock, and then use the bones.  Cooking them first would get rid of any bacteria?  You make a wonderful stock and then you have bacteria free bones to play with.

Ok, can I sand it on his huge belt sander?  I used it to sand off the bottom of my turnings, and very aware of where my knuckles are in relationship to the belt.

This class may be on the top of my "don't try to do this at home" list - in addition to the fact that I am clueless on making the straps and locks... but green with envy (gwe) of all those students with bone boxes.

Tamra

Well I just heard this morning that class is full and my other class has one seat left. A bunch of the classes are filling really fast this year! I think I will offer the Luyten's garden bench at Castine next year.

This bone and iron chest class has been taught a number of times, first at Guild School in Me., then in the Netherlands, last year in France and now in Denmark..... I better go buy more bones. Btw, I buy them at the pet store, not the butcher, this way they have already been boiled.

• 10 months later...

http://miniatureitune.com/

I see the photos are available from the Miniatures in Tune event for 2016...  from the group photo it looks like attendance is increasing. 

Scroll down to see the photos.  It looks like the students had a lot of fun and success in their endeavors.

I look forward to seeing the class announcements for 2017.

Archived