Have you done this?

Bill Hudson

I had been working in my studio for several hours and decided I need a break.  I decided it would be a good time to run some errands.  Every where I went I kept getting silly smiles from people, almost laughing.

My last stop was at the mall.  Same reaction in the different stores. As I walked by a store window I saw my reflection and saw that I was wearing my fold up, clip on magnifiers  and they were sticking out like a unicorn horn.  

For years I got a new blue denim apron from the National Ornamental Metals Museum for working there on Repair Days Weekend. I have a big collection of them at this point. They all basically an advertisement for the museum with a new image every year..... I am so used to wearing one I forget I have it on. So I have worn it to the grocery store, post office, and on and on. Yes.... I get those odd looks especially if I still have on head band magnifiers too. UGH! hahaha 

It is funny, Bill! Have never worn mine into the store, but have been in the car and on the road with mine still on. Catherine, I have also gotten down the road with an apron on and my portable house phone in my pocket.

Martha in Louisiana

Archived