Hello from the Isle of Wight - England UK

Guest Eleanor Catalina

Guest Eleanor Catalina

Hello, 

I came back to miniatures in 2013 after our family move to the Isle of Wight. I was very interested during my early childhood (although, as with most young kids, things passed) but now older - 22 - I rediscovered miniatures and how captivating they are.

I have been making miniatures since early 2014 - it really is where my future belongs. I joined IGMA last night and am so excited to discover new Artisans and learn about different miniature creations.

I make a range of pieces - from OOAK individual pieces and complete sets, to wood turned and needlepoint items - however, my main focus is food related items.

My pieces are for sale at our family run Shop in Yarmouth (on the Isle of Wight) and also available online via my website. - I also accept commissions of various requests too! - In Wonderland Miniatures.

http://www.inwonderlandminiatures.co.uk/

There are so many fantastic miniaturists, I could never name my favourite - but I love the characters crafted by David Ward, as well as the beauty of the rooms created by Mulvany & Rogers and The Model Room - and the realism captured by Paul Davey in every piece he does.....oh, I could go on, there truly are too many wonderful artisans.

(I hope this hasn't been too long or rambling...)

My very Best Wishes to all.

Eleanor Stevens

Welcome to the forum Eleanor, enjoy browsing around all the topics and feel free to ask any questions whenever you are wondering about something.

Guest Eleanor Catalina

Thank You so much nanony861 and ElgaKoster for your kind welcome. - Thank You, I will do. I look forward to having a good look through all the topics here.

Welcome to the forum Eleanor! It's great to have you here! You are right, there is just so much inspiration out there and this is a great place to find friends who "get it." I know miniatures are very popular in England, you are lucky to have some wonderful shows, I hope you will consider sharing information about them, so those of us who can't get there, can go "ooh, ahh" too!

Cheers!

Teresa

Guest Eleanor Catalina

Thank You so much for your warm welcome Teresa - it's great to be here! 

There really is - It's brilliant.

Yes, we do have some wonderful shows here, like the London Dolls House Festivals - Of course, i'd love to be able to share anything I can - The pieces available are truly beautiful....you can never hear "ooh's and ahh's" enough!

Thanks again,

Eleanor

Archived