Hi from Northern New York

GiseleH

This forum is a blessing; it helps me to keep in touch with the mini world. I live in upstate New York, minutes from Quebec or Vermont, quite isolated from other miniature enthusiasts.

I got my IGMA  Artisan status for figures making. My first class in Castine IGMA School was Pete Kendall’s Dutch Parlor, it was the beginning of my strong interest in all things in the 1:12” scale. The school has helped me to learn some totally new skills as well as hone some others. After seeing the amazing craftsmanship of our miniature people, manufactured furniture does not do anymore for my projects. ( I may have become a miniature snub).

I have attended IGMA School in Castine ever since and have come home with additional skills and confidence and a list of tools to wish for or purchase. To see some of my projects, see the following

https://www.flickr.com/photos/125533160@N04/
or
flcker.com and type Gisele.hanson in the search bar

post-186-0-97955800-1435147477_thumb.jpg

Welcome,  Your miniatures, especially the blanket chest and textiles are very nice.   My wife and I hope to move to the St. Lawrence valley and the area you live in is both beautiful and interesting!

I have come back from my first time at guild school this year with so many pieces of information and techniques to use now. Loved it! I tend to work on several projects at a time. Get stalled in one, then work on another until I have figured out the issue on the first project. On family vacation this week but sketching plans for mini projects. Guild school really helped with the how to on tools. I don't have much resources close either.

Hello Gisele, it was great to meet you at Guild School this year... It is so much fun to attend... your work is beautiful, and there are so many wonderful projects that you shared with me... I appreciate your tool tips too.

Tamra

It is so wonderful to have such friendly and sharing friends as I have in IGMA. I totally enjoyed IGMA school as usual, learned new  techniques, made new acquaintances, all in all, a very positive experience.

I have gained already some knowledge from the forum, thanks to helpful artists that take time to participate in the forum dicussions.

Archived