Hello, I'm Elizabeth Gazmuri

Elizabeth Gazmuri

I have always loved making things, anything really, from my own dishes on the potters wheel, to butter from the neighbors cow, to finishing off the interior of my house making doors and walls out of tongue and groove pine. I found the Guild School in Castine shortly after I had decided to stop nursing and try something else. That was it.

I mainly make 18th century American furniture, especially from the Boston area which is where I live.  I enjoy researching it as much as making it, and I like to challenge myself. I am a fellow member of IGMA, and a member of the Guild School tool pool.

I am a wife, mother of 6, grandmother of 8, but still spend a good amount of time isolated  in my workshop, mainly during those long cold New England winters. I think it will be really nice to have a community to chat with without even leaving my kitchen table.

Welcome Elizabeth , we are glad you are here. One of the very few bad things about miniatures is we all tend to work in isolation... With the forum you will be able be part of a world wide group and bounce ideas off each other. It will be so much fun and informative.

So nice to have you here, Elizabeth, looking forward to having chats with you on the forum :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Elizabeth! Perhaps you recall, but we've shared a few classes together in Castine. Don't think we've ever talked to much back then (we're all too focused on the work at hand) but it's nice to see you here too! 

Archived