1/48th Embassy Theater

Warren Barnard

After some ill health and a very busy schedule I got the prototype for my workshop at the Australian Miniature Enthusiasts Association convention in October finished,?. We have just had the Sydney Dollhouse and Miniatures Fair last weekend (1st weekend in May) where it was first shown to the public so I am now able to show it off as I am quite proud of it. Like anything we create we always see ways and means of doing things differently and better, so I'm sure some of those things will go into the workshop. The Embassy sign has already been rebuilt in a better and more accurate way since these photos.

The miniature is approx 450mm wide (18inches) x 350mm high (14 inches) x 225mm deep (9 inches).

I hope you enjoy some photos...............

Barnardbuilt%201-48th%20Embassy%20Ext%20

yours in miniatures

fantastic work!. Very precise, clear and clean. I love at night. Lights are magical!. How do you imitate fluorescent lights at such scale!?
Congratulations!

Hello,

the scaled down Neon lights are done with Electro luminescent wire,or El wire,otherwise it's just 3v warm white Leds.

Warren, the neon lights and other electrical components make your piece come to life.  I see from your description that it is 1:48.

Congratulations it is a wonderful accomplishment.

I did a neon lighting workshop with Andy Bevilacqua (Spencers Nook) many years ago at a Chicago International... it was fun to experiment.  I think he sold the inventory to Lumenations by Mr. K.

Tamra

Archived