A Portable Carosel c. 1910

Teresa layman

I came across this neat picture on Pinterest, and thought of Bill Hudson's exquisite popcorn wagon... maybe this one next, Bill???

I can't seem to paste the link in here.

post-470-0-64519500-1428278275_thumb.jpg

That's what got me going, the horses. And the magic of that B/W photo----

Hi!  There are a couple of these still operating.  Bill posted an example of one machine. 

This horse drawn children's carousel was made by Marx.  W.F. Mangels made a similar horse drawn carousel.

I'm the co-founder of the Carousel Modelers and Miniatures Association (CMMA)  www.carouselmodelers.org One of our members has built a 1/12 scale model of this carousel. I can post photos later.

For those interested in fullsize antique carousels, I maintain a database of operating carousels in North America at the National Carousel Association website.  www.carousels.org check under cenus.  You will find much information about carousels at our website.

Patrick Wentzel

National Carousel Association Census Chairman/Director

Thanks Patric, would be nice to see some picts of the models.  I doubt I ail ever tackle this one.  Way too much (Popcorn wagon to finish) on my plate for now.

The pinterest page link led to a collection of photos of early 1900's amusement park rides and such on a site called buzzfeed, but no other information.

Good evening.  I've uploaded a photo of the miniature carousel to Photo Bucket.  The photo link works in my browser, but I'm unable to add it to this message?  I looked at the photo help.  Any quick and easy tips?

Patrick

• 3 months later...

Patrick,  open your photo in photobucket and click on IMG. That will save it to you clipboard. Open reply here and paste.  Remove all printing up to [img and all after IMG] this will post your picture here.  Below is just a  sample from my  bucket.

missy2.jpg

Archived