Althea Crome-Hello!

Althea

My name is Althea Crome--I live in Bloomington Indiana with my four children.  I would love to say I am a full time miniature knitter, but alas, I can not.  I am a full time respiratory therapist which is what I do to feed my children and I am a miniature knitter, which is what I do to feed my soul!!

I knit with stainless steel surgical grade wires which I make myself.  I use very fine silk threads mostly, though I do sometimes use cotton or wool--if I can find it thin enough. 

I've really enjoyed looking at the fine work that has been posted by others and look forward to seeing more creations.  I very much appreciate a site dedicated to the art of fine miniatures--thank you!

I will post pictures of my work in an album. 

Althea

Welcome to the forum, Althea, your miniature knitting is awesome. I am sure we would all love to see more of it in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Althea! What an amazing skill you have! I loved the photo's in your gallery, your work is simply delightful. I can't even knit properly in normal size, let alone in scale, so i'm in awe. Fabulous!!

Archived