Guide to Collecting Miniatures by Country Living...

Darren Thomas

Always good to have PR for the business.....

It looks to me like the house the call a Thomas house is something made from a kit they designed....... There are so many features that don't look like the work of Noel and Pat.

hmmmm.... it does look like the Joseph Angel or the Josiah Golden house... but the wiring in the panel looks like a pro did it!  It does look similar to the kit, but I would need more views. 

I went to Meehan's miniatures to review the house on their website, and I'm sure that the Thomas' would have signed their work... but was not able to cross reference the link to the Meehan's to establish the true identity of the home builder.

The Thomas also had a "South Bend" house that I saw in an Old Nutshell news, that my memory is telling me is very similar...

Darren, was this actually published in Country Living Magazine, or was it just a web article?  Thanks for posting it either way, nice to see that we are getting more press.

Tamra

Referencing the Greenleaf forum, I think the house is more likely to be Tower House, built by Ray Uhr, and designed by Noel Thomas.  Looks very similar in design to the one in the Country Living Magazine article, and the note that Noel has posted to his blog on July 7, 2014 referencing Tower House #66.

Still, I'm pretty impressed with the panel for the electricity (picture 9 of 11) in Darren's post, all those switches!  Electrical heaven!

Tamra

The electric panel is one reason Noel and Pat didn't do this house, they never wired a house like that. Also all there houses have the oak base with molding like the on on there web site, this does not. Their "South Bend" is on public display in the museum in Maysville, Ky.

I didn't believe that was a Noel Thomas house on first sight. Not only because of the electric panel. Which I didn't even notice right away. It just doesn't have that certain something.

Archived