New Years Challenge

Moderator1

I would like to challenge all members to make this forum more active!..... That means post more on it!..... From simple tips, to what your working on, to the best stuff you have ever made.... And post about shows, your trips, visits to shops, museums.... Whatever. There are places for all of it...... And comment on others posts, it makes the poster feel better......... It is so much better than just clicking the "like" button.

Also get some of your friends to join in........ On another site there was a question about what happened to Smallismo,? the site that was to be one stop on the Internet to learn about miniatures..... These sites only work if people use them. In all forums there is a group of regulars that check it daily and post often, I thank those we have here! We just want more of them! As example, I have posted the same post here the same time I have posted it on the PM forum...... The PM being very well established those posts will get a 1000 views in the first day!........ That's is what we want here on the Fine Miniatures Forum...... Lots of interest.

So everyone, please use the forum more in 2015 and thank you for a great launch in '14.

Seems like people all over are "Facebookized"... just click the like button. I use it here very infrequently, only when I like/acknowledge something and truly can't say anything I haven't said before. Ergo (I love that word!) the like button. Yeah, I'm on FB but only because I need to get my stuff out there in every venue possible. I've built two websites, do Ebay, have an Etsy shop and a CDHM gallery. I was pretty much the last hold out, swearing I'd never do Facebook and being angry at the forums it has killed. But then I realized it was another resource, A big one I was not utilizing so I caved and joined. 

I like this forum a lot and don't want to see it fall to the wayside. It is an excellent forum and thank you for having me. So I really would love to see flurries of activity every day :) 

I have to figure out why I can't post pictures. I have been busy but I will make time to try and find out what is going on.

Happy New year Everyone!

I'll be posting a reminder on the Guild School Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/igma.guildschool) that the Forum is here to be a valuable resource for all of us, if we make it happen. When people post questions on some of the FB miniatures pages, let's remind them to also as here. 

I'm starting to work on my Artisan submission, which will be various sewing baskets, some wicker, some wood, some a combination, and I'll post photos as I make progress. The Guild has changed the rules, by the way, so even though I'm a Fellow in weaving, I can pursue an Artisan in what will be Accessories. There is no category for sewing baskets - go figure!

Archived