Bills challenge- the raccoon

miraclechicken

I finished the little raccoon. I had posted in the challenge thread a picture of my work table while working on him and I said I'd post him finished here in this thread. He is hand carved, painted then the fur is painstakingly applied.

post-51-0-02467400-1417316406_thumb.jpg

post-51-0-07889900-1417316364_thumb.jpg

post-51-0-44251700-1417316439_thumb.jpg

Very nice...... So that's what a raccoon looks like, I only hear them at night as they try to dig in the trash. You did a great job!

BTW... What's the deal with the dumpster?... Did you make that too?... Got pictures?

Hate raccoons and skunks in our neighborhood but love the little critter you made!  Best looking miniature of a small animal I have seen!

Jack

I also made a raccoon a couple of years ago for a customer in Colorado.  No fur, though.

This guy was to be reaching up for food on a picnic table - luckily I found just the pose I needed in

a photo, so here he is posed next to the photo.  Fun!  Good job, Linda.

post-23-0-35285400-1417451187_thumb.jpg

Linda and Sue, the raccoon critters look great!  The furring of the critters looks like another patience - endearing task, but the outcome is wonderful!

Tamra

I just got home from a very sad funeral out of town....... :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I personally do not like raccoons because they killed my beloved chickens at the farm, but I really wanted to carve and fur one and make him cute, putting aside my feelings :)

Thanks for the comments.

Bill, I made the dumpster. It is modeled after the one at the bar where I worked. One day taking out the trash, the idea hit me of how fun it would be to re-create so I went in and got a tape measure and scaled it all down.  I did a sloppy solder job because that was how the welding looked on the original, or maybe it was repaired. Anyhow some rust too. The wheels/casters turn as well as rotate and of course the lid works. The initials and phone number are significant (think Carlton Fisk!) haha sprayed sloppy like the real one.

The first picture is in the back alley of my flower shop many years ago and the second is now with raccoon---

post-51-0-08623400-1417575955_thumb.jpg

post-51-0-44037600-1417575970_thumb.jpg

Linda,

You did a beautiful job carving and furring the raccoon. He's gorgeous! The dumpster is amazing. I love how you have aged it and added all that rust.

Archived