challenge, my chipmunk and cat

miraclechicken

I just finished this little guy post-51-0-87034300-1415843448_thumb.jpg about 2 hours ago. (He's going on ebay soon.)

Here he is with my new cat (that is on ebay right now) post-51-0-75885000-1415843566_thumb.jpg

post-51-0-87295800-1415843623_thumb.jpg

post-51-0-78515100-1415843634_thumb.jpg

That is the cutest baby chipmunk , Great job. I would even let him live in my stone wall outside...... The real one are not aloud because they do too much damage. I always say they can stay if they'll just put a good check for about 20K in the mail box.

So, what is you process to make these? Sculpted? Carved? Fur covered?

Thanks for taking up the challenge.

Thank you Elga and Bill :) 

They are woodcarvings. I carve every detail, then I have to carefully sand them, then I paint them. Even with the shading because it helps me to then fur the way I've painted them. They are furred with natural fiber, little bits at a time argh!

haha Bill I say the same thing to critters living and being destructive to my property, pay me rent! Then you can stay....

Just yesterday I was walking in my yard and there are so many moles tunneling  underneath my feet I can hear them squeaking (as I sink into the mushy ground.....)! It's as though they are saying "hey get off you're caving in my house!" And I then said "hey get out or pay me rent!"

Archived