Hello from Cross Plains, WI

Bob McGinnis

Hi, I'm Bob McGinnis from Cross Plains, WI. I'm a retired 74 year old Tool & Die Maker. I always enjoyed making small things. In 1993 I read an article about someone who made 1/3 scale fully functional COLT Paterson revolvers and found out about the Miniature Arms Society and joined them. This got me going on Fine Miniatures. My favorite thing is making 1/3 & 1/4 scale Miniature Fire Arms and Antique Machinist's Tools.

In 2011 I took a class that Bill Robertson gave on making a 1/8th scale 1880's Wooden Tool Chest. Bill has been a great inspiration to me. On this Forum I enjoyed the Tutorials by Bill Hudson and called him, and he encouraged me to register here.

I look forward to learning much here and will try to do my best to share what I can. I'm not very good on the computer so please forgive the mistakes I may make. Thank You, Bob McGinnis

Welcome to the Forum Bob. I am delighted to see you here. I sure would love to know more about what you are doing. Hopefully we will see some pictures soon.

Hi Catherine, Thanks for the kind words. Our computer is down right now, but I still need to learn how to post pictures. Bill Hudson posted some pictures I sent him so I will reply as to what they are on that post. Thanks for all your input on the forum. I enjoy seeing all the wonderful works of everyone. Thanks, Bob

Archived