Find

Bill Hudson

Not miniatures but used in making miniatures.  I was digging through some drawers and found this batch of ribbons Shoe ribbons) most antique. They are silk and about 1/8" wide; most are about a yard long. I used them to trim out my carriages, baby prams and sleighs.I bought these in the mid 1980s.  I'm not sure what I should do with them.  I don't seem to have a demand for carriages and sleighs now days.

Once I learn to weave I can make my own.

post-35-0-21830500-1414737019_thumb.jpg

post-35-0-73845300-1414737034_thumb.jpg

RIBBON GIVE AWAY: 

100% silk x 1/8 w x + - 36" long (one pink base color and one black base color) to the first one to PM me their name and address.

post-35-0-50769500-1414761864_thumb.jpg

These are beautiful, Bill. I'd encourage you to keep a snip (1") of each before you give them away. As you learn to weave tapes, you'll be able to study these and see how the pattern was made. 

One thing that surprised me about Shaker tapes - even tho they did weave striped tapes, in 1/12 scale having stripes destroys the "illusion of scale". Somehow, having 2 colors interwoven looked fine, but with stripes your eye noticed how coarse the weave was. I think I still have one, I'll see if I can put a photo up here. 

To clarify:  At this point the black and pink ribbons pictured are the only ones I am giving away. I will sort the ribbons out (when time) and put them on cardboard spools. I want to keep some for my self but the rest I will post here, from time to time, for give away.  :)

Archived