Summer Workshop in Tune Denmark

Member1

The week of the Danish summer holiday in mid July has treat for miniaturists, Miniature I Tune. The "I" means in and Tune has nothing to do with music, it is a village just south of Copenhagen. I know two of the moderators from this forum will be there. I also understand there may be only one or two spaces left! There are only so many rooms at the school and it filled up fast this year. Check out their website and if you want to call Tove right away to get one of those last spots.

http://miniatureitune.com/

Now if were disappointed that Tune wasn't about music the Danes have you covered. Just down the road from Tune is the Roskilde Music festival the week before, this is like a reoccurring Woodstock and the Rolling Stones will close out the show this year.... A few years ago I was listening the Bruce Springsteen play off in the distance as I laid in my bed at Tune! And if that's not your thing, the famous Copenhagen Jazz Festival happens about the same time.

So is the schools's growth limited by their space? Will be my first time attending this year and I certainly hope not the last, really looking forward to the classes and exploring Copenhagen, I didn't realize they had so many museums and castles right in the city with lovely gardens and parks too.

• 2 weeks later...

It is always easier to do good work and concentrate in a lovely setting, this is the new classroom at Tune that Robertson used last year…. a lovely view, a nice breeze… delightful.

DSCN1676_zps4b43ae3d.jpg

and what could be more delightful than afternoon breaks out in the courtyard? well to tell the truth we can be found out here in the morning having coffee, after lunch, in the afternoon, the evening and sometimes well past midnight enjoying a little wine and conversation……

DSCN1684_zps47e12a4a.jpg

What a lovely view, so tranquil and peaceful, that looks like an even bigger classroom than the one in Castine.

Well you should.... It is really fun and the food is really good!

post-5-0-13419300-1399724685_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-29489200-1399724794_thumb.jpg

And then of course there is near by Copenhagen...... One of the most beautiful cities in the world......

post-5-0-05258800-1399724955_thumb.jpg

Oh yes, and the teachers are second to none teaching us to make fine miniatures. Have a look at two pictures of my personal Tune Treasures from the first 6 years. Bill Robertson, Jamie Carrington and Ursula Dyrbye-Skovsted will recognize most of the items.

IMG_1991_zps969cc115.jpg

IMG_1993_zpsed9ef861.jpg

Wow, that is so impressive, you forget so easy all the work from all the past years. It is wonderful to see it in one place.

And to think, this is only the classes you took!... One can only do 2 each year and there have been about 10 offered.... So just think what is missing from the total Tune school in all these years.

I bet you never thought it would get this big?

No, we we never thought it would get this big. We thougt - just a small "Castine-like" summer school for Danish miniaturists. The great surprise is that so many people living outside Denmark join us. The Tune Conference Centre has 70 rooms, 15 of them have 2 beds - that is the ultimate limit of Miniature in Tune. It is wonderful to be part of. 

Well, if you love good miniatures, like to travel and have a brother living in Norway...making the choice to go all the way to Denmark for classes is easy, even when you live way down in the south of Africa. I think I am your first student from South Africa and I plan on coming again, I am sure I am going to enjoy Tune very much :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Room for two more persons at Miniature in Tune 2014

Late cancellations offer opportunities for new people. We have one seat in Nancy Simpson's 3-day class A2: Large Nantucket Basket, one in Tine Krijnen's 3-day class A6: Bookbinding, one in Jamie Carrington's 2-day class B3: Wigging in 1/12, and one in Tine Krijnen's 2-day class: Blind/Gold tooling. Each student choose a 3-day class and a 2-day class. See the details at www.miniatureitune.com

• 4 weeks later...

Only 72 hours till I leave home for the eleven hour flight to Europe, really looking forward to my classes in Tune, meeting some online friends in the flesh finally and visiting with some other friends on the way in The Netherlands. See all of you who are going soon, I am sure we are going to have loads of fun...and work hard of course too and learn some new things!

I'm on my way to Tune.... Just stopped in Amsterdam to connect to Copenhagen. Then two days of antique shopping and museums..... Then the train to Tune.......

Archived