Hello from Southern Oregon

Guy Gadois

My nom de web is Guy Gadois but my name is Arlen. I will answer to either one.

I found this site from a link posted on another forum. I have posted on a few other forums but IGMA seems to be more relevant to my current interests.

I have been building models (from kits) many years ago and didn't find much satisfaction from just glueing and painting them. Several years ago I found a site which only allowed scratch-built objects. I didn't think I would have the patience and skills necessary to pursue this type of construction. I still have many things to learn about scale models built from scratch, but I find when an object is completed there is much satisfaction knowing every piece has been crafted by oneself.

I am stunned by the quality of the work shown in the short time I have been on this site. It is very nice to be in the company of such skilled craftsmen and women.

Cheers, Guy

Welcome Guy!, glad you found us.... As you can see this is a very new site we feel fills a gap in the Internet world of modeling.

Your latest project looks great, maybe you can tell us more about in the "structures" section sometime?

Also I'm curious what site did you find the link to here from?

Thanks for joining up.

Welcome Guy, your German house is beautiful, I would also like to know more about how you build it.

Welcome Guy,

I love your gorgeous German house. Also the patina you so skillfully aged it with. I hope you will tell us more about it.

Hi Arlen,

Welcome to the forum.  Good to see you again.  Haven't talked with you for a while. In fact I was thinking about sending you an e-meil this morning, just to check up on you. I think you will find this forum a very welcoming one.  There are some extremely talented people here. 

Bill Hudson

Welcome Guy! 

This might sound silly Catherine and Elga, but where did you see pictures of Arlan's work? 

Archived