Sign in to follow this  
Rafael

Hello from Colorado

Rafael

Hello everybody.  I am a model builder and tool collector and specialize in 1/4 scale instruments but have worked in smaller and larger scale models of many sorts.  I've hovered about some and have decided to join in on the fun.  Below is a model that I completed recently.  Rafael

Silver4-2_zpse5a413f7.jpg

• Like 1

Catherine Ronan

Welcome to the forum Rafael. I look forward to seeing a lot more of your work. No matter what the scale.

Wm. R. Robertson

Hello and welcome….

If you like little tools I am sure you know of the work of my friend Paul Hamler, he used to do tools before switching to miniature guns.

http://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/Hamler.htm

Also when it comes to tools, I am kind of addicted to them. I just copied a topic from another forum where years ago I shared some of my tool collection.

http://www.fineminiaturesforum.com/index.php?/topic/292-a-tool-exhibit-in-a-museum-in-2009/

• Like 1

Rafael

Hi Wm.  I am aware of Paul Hamler's work, and I am also impressed with the work that you have done.  Whereas Paul's tools are primarily 1/3 scale and yours 1/12, I have developed an affinity for 1/4 scale but do not claim to exhibit the skill that either of you demonstrate.  I am, however, thoroughly enjoying the art of creating and collecting miniature tools and instruments.  Rafael

Rafael

A 1/4 scale model center wheel plow plane built of Cocobolo and brass.   Ralph

PlowPlane5014_zpsbbaa6e6e.jpg

A comparative scale:

PlowPlane5007_zps19440399.jpg

• Like 3

WeekendMiniaturist

Ralph, Cool tool!  Tamra