Hello, I'm Cookie Ziemba

Cookiez123

Hello all,

What a wonderful idea to share our interests through IGMA.  Such a great organization, and I've been a member from the beginning.  I was not part of the original group of 12, but must have been member number 15 or 17, something like that.  I've had an interesting history with this organization which promotes excellence. I've been a participant and teacher at Castine over the years, a show organizer in Manhattan and am currently an Artisan member in Costuming.  Most of what I make is tiny crewel embroideries and watercolor paintings.

After 40 years in  the miniature world, I decided to auction off my huge collection of over 2300 items, which can be seen at www.lesliehindman.com  This is a prestigious auction house in Chicago with over 50 auctions a year.  Many know it for auctioning Adell Venus' estate last July, and my auction will be held July 23-24 this summer.  Please view the online catalog and see the bidding instructions, it is quite easy.

You may also see the story, history, etc. and my personal view of each dolls house showing details with names of the artisans given on much of the furnishings.  Please view my blog at http://cookiez123.blogspot.com 

Enjoy your own mini world!

With best wishes,

Cookie Ziemba post-175-0-06990700-1403281476_thumb.jpg post-175-0-09470000-1403281437_thumb.jpg

Welcome Cookie, having both of us been around forever as it seems it is great to see the Guild supporting this forum, it already is enhancing the International in IGMA by showing work we have never seen.

Good luck with the auction!

If I had wall space in my home that Dutch Baby might have come to live here, I love it.

Hi Bill,

Yes, the Forum is a wonderful idea and thank you for your welcome.

I am sure you could find a spot for the Dutch Cabinet House, you'd be amazed how things can be shifted around to make room for something desirable.  Thank you for loving it and I would love to see what you could do with it.  I am not the pro you are and I can just imagine what you would do.  Something that has been in my mind, I doubt the auctioneers will give me the names of the winning bidders, but I would love to follow up on the houses at least and see where they end up living.  Maybe the Kentucky Gateway Museum might want it and you could do a myriad of things to it.  Just a suggestion :)

Best regards,  Cookie

Welcome Cookie, good to see your name again. It has been long time for me.  It must be sad to clear out such a nice collection.  Hope for the best sales.

Bill H

Welcome Cookie! I am so glad to see you have joined the forum. I wish you luck with the auction. XXX

Thank you all for your warm welcome, I appreciate it!  

I just received the actual catalog of my auction and I am beside myself.  It looks fabulous, they did a beautiful job with it and I am sure the late Eunice Gold would be pleased how her miniatures were displayed.

Archived