Hi from Missy Boling in Nashville, TN

MissyBoling

Hi, I live in Nashville and have always liked miniatures.  I became serious about miniatures about 10-12 years ago.  I have a website where I sell petitpoint charts, but I work in all areas of miniatures.  My current projects are a 1:12 replica of my great aunt and uncle's home in Milwaukee which I visited every year as a child - a 1920s Milwaukee bungalow set around 1950, and a 1:12 replica of the Dick Van Dyke show set.  Still in my head are plans for a 1940s farm house,  and a replica of my great aunt and uncle's lake cabin near Milwaukee.  I just got home from Guild School in Castine and immediately had to check out this forum.  Thanks to all who have worked so hard to get it going!

Welcome Missy,

I hope we can look forward to seeing some pictures you took while you were at the Guild School.

Hi MIssy!!!  Great meeting you and working with you in Castine - - thanks for all your help and advice!!!  My first year student experience at the Guild School was transformative - can't wait until next year!!!

Hey Missy! good to see you here. There are a lot of gorgeous bungalows in the Milwaukee area - you should have fun

with your project!

Hi MIssy!!!  Great meeting you and working with you in Castine - - thanks for all your help and advice!!!  My first year student experience at the Guild School was transformative - can't wait until next year!!!

Thanks everyone for the welcome!  Darren, I enjoyed meeting you and talking about your plans for the future and working with you in class.  You did an awesome job for such an advanced class!  I remembered a different last name - do you go by two different names?  I'll email you the picture I took when I get my instructions unpacked.  I wrote your email on the back of those.

Welcome Missy,

I hope we can look forward to seeing some pictures you took while you were at the Guild School.

Do I post the pictures here or in the woodworking section?  Still trying to get familiar with the guidelines.  :-)

I think starting a topic in woodworking would be good... A good title might be " Metamorphic bed class in Castine, 2014"

Thanks Missy!!!  My middle name is Thomas and my "stage name" is  D. Thomas!!

Welcome to the forum Missy. (my wife's nick name was Missy,her mother called her that although her real name was Patricia {Pat unless you want to get hammered).  I would really like to see some of your work.

BH

Thanks, Bill.  Unfortunately, real life has taken over miniatures the last few years except for guild school twice and a gsp.  (That equals 3 classes with Bill Robertson.)  My structures have been taken apart (good parts saved) and started over, so not much to show at this point, and my website for petitpoint charts needs some updating.  Hopefully, real life issues will be resolved in the next few months and I'll be able to spend more time on miniatures.  This forum will certainly inspire me in that direction!

Archived