Sign in to follow this  
Hillcraft

Hello from Hillcraft in Cape Town, South Africa

Hillcraft

Hi,

I am very heavily involved in the model railways industry because I produce South African Railways models. I've been doing a lot of laser cutting for the 1:12 fraternity and I will be starting to do brass etching and white metal casting shortly as well.  I can't say that I am much of a miniaturist or a modeller but I am very good at things technical such as 2D & 3D design, laser cutting, CNC machining, mould making,  casing, electronics...well, very much anything technical. I consider myself to be in more of a support role producing the goodies that miniaturists require.

...but, besides all of that I just love true craftsmanship and I am absolutely fascinated by the artistic abilities of people such as yourselves. 

ElgaKoster

Welcome, good to have you on the forum.

Victoria

Welcome! It's fascinating to see someone working with 3d design and CNC, I'm a huge fan of furniture and interior 3d modeling myself, would love to read more about it on this forum.